Sunday 7 September 2014

Hosting the Card Scramble

It was my turn to host the Hero Arts Flickr Group card scramble this week.

I decided that the theme would be to use pages from a book on the card. It could be stamped, diecut, embossed, whatever you wanted.

I made 4 examples. The first was to use the paper as a background with neutral stamping.


The second card, I stamped on the book paper again, but this time I coloured in the image with Prisma coloured pencils. I used the same stamp as the background, matching the pattern.


The next card, I diecut many butterflies and distressed the edges, alternating the colours. The top die was also stamped, adding Wink of stella to the dots. I inked up the background grid stamp using distress markers, using Picked Raspbery on 2 sides of the squares, and Ripe Persimmon on the other 2. Spritzed it generously before stamping.


A close up of the layers of wings, and shimmer on the dots.


The last card, I used an embossing folder on the book page. The embossing was not that noticeable, so I sponged over it with Distress Ink to make it stand out more. I used the Hero Arts branch die, and flowers, adding Liquid Pearl yellow dots. (I was so happy the "Ebersole" was in the writing as I'm a fan of Julie Ebersole's cards, videos and laughter!)


A closeup of the dry embossing.





6 comments:

  1. what a great scramble - love all your cards and the ways you used the book paper - one of the best themes ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your idea for your scramble, Janet - and all of your cards, too! These are all wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are ALL gorgeous! wow! Love your samples and your unique way to use the book page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Janet! Thank you again for hosting the Scramble for us yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, your cards are wonderful. Love seeing your creations, the pages do add a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't pick a favorite, but I love the butterfly layers and the blue flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails