Saturday 31 October 2015

Happy New Home

Oh how I love it when a plan comes together!

I love this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. The extra twist was to keep it clean-lined and fresh. I hope my rainbow brightness counts for that.


My first idea was to use watercolours to create the squares. Then I had to work out what to put in the squares and I was leafing through my dies and spotted my new (and never been used) Simon Says Stamp Quadrangle Frames. OK, so that was still just a frame, so what next? Need something small, and found these rather neglected Quickutz dies from the days when we still used that 2" squeeze machine (can't even remember what it was called!). The little house struck a chord as my daughter has just moved into her new apartment. Perfect!


I popped the little dies on foam and gave them all swish of Wink of Stella ... lovely shimmer.







19 comments:

  1. Terrific card! I love the water colored squares and the frames - you can customize it to anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER clean and FRESH Janet, BRAVO BRAVO = so eye catching!!
    What a Fetching Card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card! Love the colors and love those little elements - they look super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the plan did come together beautiful. Love the colors and the sweet little die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a darling card, love the framed colors and the adorable little die cuts filling them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! It's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and creative! Your water coloring is so pretty and the die cuts are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect card for your daughter's new digs - it's beautiful. I love how the squares each have colours that flow from one to the next, yet still retain their individual colour strengths (red, green, blue). The wee blingy diecuts are the perfect touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant take on the FMS Janet - I started to have a go at it, then switched it to MUSE instead! Loving those quadrangle frames...must put them on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just fantastic - great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous take on the sketch, Janet! I love your choice of stamps and the color combo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you've done with the sketch! I just ordered these frame dies on the weekend and can't wait for them to arrive! The background behind the frames is a perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love every single detail! What an awesome card! I'm off to shop now as I am loving those frame dies! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant and fabulous new home card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card!!! Love those fun squares on the rainbow of colors - a gorgeous look!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightful card! I love that watercolor effect...colors are wonderful. They work beautifully with the tiny squares.

    ReplyDelete
  17. fantastic card, janet!! congrats on your HM at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails