Thursday 29 October 2015

Heart 1 : Caution ... Much love inside

So happy to see the Heart Challenge at CAS-ology this week. I have wanted to make a special card for my niece as they have recently moved from South Africa to London, and so far away from us all.

I definitely wanted to put a little surprise in the card, and what better way than using the Zipper Panel die from Ellen Hutson. So what to put in? ...

Why, some love of course!

So watercoloured some cardstock and die cut using my Silhouette.


Sewed them together with some patterned paper to make hanging garlands.


Wrapped them around some cardstock so that they wouldn't get all knotted in the post.


Then popped them under the panel, which was inspired by this painted rock! I drew a black heart from the negative of my die cut heart (for my next heart card) and doodled and painted. The sentiment is from Club Scrap and I just love it!


Of course, my "love bundle" inside was quite thick, so one layer of foam would not have been enough. So I die cut the 4 colours that went with the card to make a deep pocket.


I will also enter this into The Daily Marker's 30 Day Colouring Challenge.







4 comments:

  1. Oh, my what fun she'll have opening this! And every time she looks at the hearts hanging in her home, she'll know how much she's loved and missed! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous way of sending your love! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative idea and I love the colorful heart on the front of your card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, your doodled hearts are gorgeous! I love the patterns and colours. Your garland is so sweet and your packaging is really clever. That's some serious Happy Mail she'll be receiving! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails